I & II Kings: Commentary Handbook
Handbook (paperback study notes) - $14.95
Handbook (pdf download) - $1.99
I and II Kings provide a record of Israel's history from the beginning of the movement to place Solomon on David's throne through the end of the reign of Zedekiah, Judah's last king. There are great lessons to be learned from Israel's desire to be "like those around us" and its consequences.
This is a Study Companion for the Kings Commentary.
Page count: 300
Copyright © 08-01-2003
This Commentary contains the following topics:
- 1 Kings 1 - 2: Davids strength declines: Davids charge to Solomon: Adonijahs plot and execution: Abiathar is removed from the priesthood: Joabs execution: Benaiah made chief captain, and Zadok high priest: Shimei is executed.
- 1 Kings 3 - 4: Solomons treaty with Pharaoh: Solomons sacrifice and prayer for wisdom: Solomons prayer answered.
- 1 Kings 5 - 8: Solomon prepares to build the Temple: The Ark is brought in and the Shekinah-glory fills the Temple: Solomons prayer of dedication.
- 1 Kings 9 - 11: King Hiram and Solomon exchange gifts: Queen of Sheba visits Solomon: Solomon Forsakes God: God sternly rebukes Solomon and tells him that the kingdom will be taken away: Solomon dies.
- 1 Kings 12 - 14: Israel Rebels: Ahijahs Prophecy.
- 1 Kings 15 - 16: Abijam and Asa: Kings of Israel.
- 1 Kings 17 - 19: Contest on Mount Carmel: Elijah slays the prophets Baal: Elijah flees from Jezebel: Elijah is feed by God in the wilderness: Elijah casts his mantel on Elisha.
- 1 Kings 20 - 22: Ahabs Aramean adversary: Ahabs crimes against Naboth: Ahabs death: Jehoshaphats good reign in Judah: the beginning of Ahaziahs evil reign in Israel.
- 2 Kings 1 - 3: Fire from Heaven protects Elijah from Ahaziah: Translation of Elijah: Miracles of Elisha
- 2 Kings 4 - 7: Naaman the Syrian: Elisha and the Syrians: The famine: Special Intelligence Insight.
- 2 Kings 8 - 10: Jehorams evil reign in Judah : Ahaziahs evil reign in Judah: Jehus evil reign in Israel.
- 2 Kings 11 - 13: Athaliahs evil reign in Judah: Joashs good reign in Judah: Jehoahazs evil reign in Israel: Jehoashs evil reign in Israel.
- 2 Kings 14 - 16: Amaziahs good reign in Judah: Jeroboam IIs evil reign in Israel: Azariahs good reign in Judah: Zechariahs evil reign in Israel: Shallums evil reign in Israel: Menahems evil reign in Israel: Pekahiahs evil reign in Israel. Pekahs evil reign in Israel: Jothams good reign in Judah:
- Ahazs evil reign in Judah.
- 2 Kings 17 - 20: Captivity of Israel by Assyria: Hosheas evil reign in Israel: Israels Captivity: Captivity of Judah by Babylon: Hezekiahs good reign.
- 2 Kings 21 - 23: Manassehs evil reign: Amons evil reign: Josiahs good reign: Jehoahazs evil reign: Jehoiakims evil reign.
- 2 Kings 24 - 25: Babylonian Captivity of Judah: Supplemental Topics.
Available in the following formats:Printed Handbook:
- Paperback (Printed Study Notes)
- Note: The Printed Handbook is a paperback version of the pdf notes that are usually included on DVD or CD accompanying it's respective commentary or topical study.
- PDF Study Notes.
- Note: The Handbook (PDF Notes) is usually included on DVD or CD accompanying it's respective commentary or topical study. However, if you do not have the study or are studying in a group, we also provide this pdf as a separate purchase.
Chuck Missler was the Founder of Koinonia House and Koinonia Institute. It was Chuck’s vision for this ministry that brings us together. His aim was to stimulate us to dig into the Bible ourselves because as we study there is a real opportunity for us to encounter the God of the Universe. Chuck passed away on May 1st, 2018.