Ezra & Nehemiah: An Expositional Commentary
Audio Download - $24.95
MP3 CD-ROM - $29.95
Audiobook Download - $24.95
Available in our On-Demand streaming service.
Also available in various Book formats here...
The books of Ezra and Nehemiah (and Esther) cover about 100 years, closing the Old Testament historical books. The books of Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles closed with the Southern Kingdom (Judah)'s going into captivity. The two post-exile books of Ezra and Nehemiah record the return from Babylon after its fall to the Persians under Cyrus, the rebuilding of the Temple and Jerusalem, and the reestablishment of the national life of Israel.
This study contains 8 hours of verse by verse teachings.
Copyright © 10-01-2003
- Ezra 1-3 - Decree of Cyrus permits Jews to return to Jerusalem to rebuild the Temple: the altar is set up and sacrifice restored: the foundations of the Temple are laid.
- Ezra 4-7 - Nehemiah's unselfish example: the rebuilding is opposed: the Temple is completed: Ezra is introduced.
- Ezra 8-10 - Ezra sends for the Levites and Nethinim: Ezra proclaims a fast for the Lords protection: Gods people fail to separate from surrounding nations: reconciliation to God through confession and separation.
- Nehemiah 1-2 - Nehemiah prays for Israel and makes his request of King Artaxerxes.
- Nehemiah 3-5 - The rebuilding begins. A defense against a conspiracy: poverty and famine.
- Nehemiah 6-8 - False rumors about Nehemiah: walls finished: a list of those who returned: the Law is read.
- Nehemiah 9-11 - Ezra's prayer: the covenant signed: the re-population of Jerusalem.
- Nehemiah 12-13 - Establishment of priests and Levites: dedication of the city walls: Nehemiah's reforms.
Session 1 of 8 - Ezra 1-3 Decree of Cyrus permits Jews to return to Jerusalem to rebuild the Temple: the altar is set up and sacrifice restored: the foundations of the Temple are laid.
Available in the following formats:Audiobook Download:
- Digital Audio Files
- Digital Audio Files
- Handbook (PDF Study Notes)
- Digital Audio Files on Disc
- Handbook (PDF Study Notes) on Disc
Chuck Missler was the Founder of Koinonia House and Koinonia Institute. It was Chuck’s vision for this ministry that brings us together. His aim was to stimulate us to dig into the Bible ourselves because as we study there is a real opportunity for us to encounter the God of the Universe. Chuck passed away on May 1st, 2018.