Table Of Contents
Section 1: Introduction (Ephesians 1:16-19)
Chapter One: Prologue 25
- Why This Book?
- How We Live Our Lives Has Eternal Consequences
- What Is an Overcomer?
- Why Is Being an Overcomer So Important?
- The Kingdom Perspective
- Our Message
- Fear and Condemnation
- The Challenge of This Study
- Are We All Overcomers?
- A Greatly Neglected Area
- The Purpose of This Study
- Hope Realized
- Encouragement and Hope for the Future
Chapter Two: Eternal Security 37
- Why Are We Here?
- God Inaugurated a New Program
- What Is Salvation?
- Justification Is Only the Beginning
- What Is Sanctification?
- The Purpose of Our Salvation
- The Role of the Holy Spirit
- How Secure Is Our Salvation?
- Are Unsanctified Believers in the Millennium?
- God’s Love and Justice
- Complete Salvation
Chapter Three: Inheritance 55
- Two Kinds of Inheritance
- Huge Difference Between Entering and Inheriting the Kingdom
- Not All Christians Will Inherit
- Examples of Forfeiture of Inheritance
- Forfeiting Our Inheritance
- “Sons of the Kingdom” (Matthew 8:11–12)
- What Is Meaning of “Outer Darkness”?
- Catholics Beware!
- What Are the Requirements for Inheriting?
Chapter Four: Who Are the Overcomers? 73
- The Message of Overcoming
- “To Overcome” Means
- Promises to the Overcomers
- Overcomers in the Churches of Revelation
- The Seven Churches of Revelation
- Characteristics of the Overcomers
- Paul’s Paranoia
- Life Is Like a Contest
- The Parable of the Ten Talents (Matthew 25:14–30)
- An Explanation and a Little History
- Comments About the Parable of the Ten Talents
- Cast into the Outer Darkness
- Comments by Theologians
- Sounds a Little Like “Purgatory”
- No Fear in God’s Love
- It’s Not Too Late!
Section 2: The Kingdom (Philippians 3:10-14)
Chapter Five: Thy Kingdom Come 99
- The Davidic Covenant
- The Kingdom of Heaven
- The Purpose of All History
- The Tragedy of All History
- The Triumph of All History
Chapter Six: Kingdom Events 107
- The Judgment Seat of Christ
- What Will Be Judged?
- Some Questions the Lord Might Ask
- Five Books Will Be Opened
- The Quality of Material
- Confidence at the Judgment Seat
- Only What’s Done for Christ Will Last
- “Good Works”
- A “Sure All” Method
- “The Terror of the Lord”
- Rewards for Works Done in the Spirit
- Different Facets of God’s Rewards
- The Wedding Ceremony
- The Jewish Wedding Ceremony
- Presented to Christ As a “Pure Virgin”
- The Parable of the Ten Virgins (Matthew 25:1–13)
- “I Know You Not”
- All Ten Virgins Were Believers
- Oil Is Symbolic of the Holy Spirit
- The Foolish Virgins Were Not Prepared
- The Importance of Preparation
- The Bride Is to Make Herself Ready
Chapter Seven:The Millennial Temple 139
- Description of the Millennial Temple
- Ezekiel’s Vision
- The Purpose of the Temple
- The Profane Place
- The Darkness Outside
- The Concept of the Outer Darkness
- The Gizrah Is a Real Place
- Differences in Ezekiel’s Temple
- The Zadok Priests
- Where Will We Be?
Section 3: The Power (Colossians 1:10-15)
Chapter Eight: Partakers of Christ’s Life 155
- What Is a “Partaker”?
- The Exchanged Life
- The Purpose of Being a Partaker: “Fruit”
- The Fruit of the Spirit Is Love
- God’s (Agape) Love
- The Importance of Knowing God Loves Us
- The Good Samaritan
- Comments on the Good Samaritan Parable
- Loving Our Neighbor
- Agape Is Growing Cold
- Loving God
- The Greatest Commandment of All
- Sheep and Goat Judgment
Chapter Nine: God’s Dunamis Power 169
- God Is the Source of All Power
- What Is God’s Supernatural Power?
- What Is the Purpose of God’s Supernatural Power?
- Our Example Is Christ
- God Equips Believers with His Power
- The Ministry of God’s Supernatural Power
- The Three Functions of God’s Supernatural Power
- Personally Knowing His Power
- Love Is the Sign of God’s Empowering
Chapter Ten: Strength in Weakness 185
- Our Yielding Imparts God’s Strength
- Jesus Is Our Example
- Life Comes Only from Death
- “We Have Forsaken All.”
- Waiting on the Lord
- What Is a True Disciple?
- Characteristics of a True Disciple
- Characteristics of a Carnal Christian
- Dangers of Being Carnal or Lukewarm
- Parable of the Faithful and Wise Servants (Matthew 24:42–51)
- Who Was Jesus Talking To?
- Comments About the Faithful and Wise Servants
- Weeping and Gnashing of Teeth
- Consequences of an Unfaithful and Carnal Lifestyle
- The Importance of Being Ready
Chapter Eleven: Faith—the Means of God’s Power 205
- His Power: Our Faith
- What Is Faith?
- Don’t Give Up the Fight
- Faith Is Trusting God
- Faithful Perseverance
- Faithful Obedience
- Two Extremes—“Faith or Works”
- The Difference Between Works of the Spirit and Works of the Flesh
- Works of the Spirit
- Law versus Faith
Chapter Twelve: What Is an Overcomer? 223
- Longing to Be an Overcomer
- Definition of an Overcomer
- Overcoming Is God’s Will for All Believers
- Overcoming Is Not Automatic
- The Authority of Believers to Overcome
- “Faith Choices”—The Way to Overcome
- God’s Authority and Power
Overcoming the World
- The Rich Young Ruler
- Things of the World to Overcome
- Remedy to Overcoming the World: Faith
Overcoming the Flesh
- What Is “the Flesh”?
- Overcoming the Flesh Involves Suffering
- Jesus’ Example
- Remedy to Overcoming the Flesh: Flight
Overcoming the Enemy
- The Armor of God
- The Keys to the Kingdom (Binding and Loosing)
- How Are These the Keys to the Kingdom?
- Remedy to Overcoming the Enemy: Fight
- Specific Scriptures on Overcoming
- The Victory of Christ
Section 4: The Glory (Matthew 6:13)
Chapter Thirteen: The Return of His Glory 249
- God’s Glory Departs
- God’s Glory Returns and Fills the Temple
- The Waters from the Temple
- Christ’s River of Life
- Ye Are the Salt of the Earth
- Christ Is All and in All
Chapter Fourteen: Personally Reflecting His Glory 257
- Showing Forth His Life
- We Are to Glorify God
- Do They Know We Are Christians?
- The Link to Revival
- The Real Gospel
- How Should We Then Live?
- The Rest of God
- Laboring to Enter In
- Two Different Gates
- Prerequisites for Entering
- Parable of the Man Without a Wedding Garment (Matthew 22:1–14)
- Where Is This Taking Place and Who Is Jesus Speaking To?
- Was This Man a Believer?
- “The Darkness Outside”
- The Different Kinds of Garments
- Appropriate Wedding Garments
- Filthy Garments
- Absence of a Wedding Garment
- Treasure in Heaven
- When Our Hope Is Realized
In Summary 276
Prayer Section 280
Supplemental Study Notes 295
End Notes 375